“The suffering will continue until the lesson is learned.”
Today is the half birthday of my 30th year. This year, I’m more reflective than in previous years and am being intentional about the awareness of things that are going on in my life. I turned 30 in January and brought the year in with a bang. I also created a list of “30 Things I Want To Do While I’m 30”. I would encourage everyone to do this as well. I’m halfway through year and have completed almost two-thirds of things I listed. I still have seven open spaces that I need to complete. Although maybe I will leave them blank and use them for things I did that was unexpected. That definitely fits with the theme for this year. For this post I want to take a minute to reflect, not on the things I have accomplished, but on the lessons I have learned. Here is what I’ve learned in the past six months. More to come in the next six months…
- Life comes around once; love comes around often. Stop chasing love and let life follow. Start chasing life and let love follow.
- The accumulation of goods gets you nowhere. At the end of the day you just end up with a bunch of stuff. Use it!
- I can be happy without a ridiculous amount of money. All I need is enough money to do the things I want to do.
- Careers come and go. Never rely on an employer to take care of you.
- It’s impossible to plan life.